My final day… I thought that it would be best fitting to do a self-photo. But with a twist… After taking this photo, I turned it into a mosaic using all of my Project365 photos from the year. Also, I started my project with a photo at a local Irish Pub. So, I went back to the scene and took my final photo there as well while enjoying a pint, of course.
To be honest, I don’t remember how I chose to do this project. I read about it in several places and thought that it would be something good to try. I could enhance my photo skills, learn some new tricks and just have fun. Never did I think that 2010 was going to be such a significant year in my life. I couldn’t have forecasted that in 2010 I would document some of the most exciting and unhappy times of my life. But I am so glad that this was the year that I chose.
I am so happy that I not only learned new photography skills, have a journal of my day by day, but also grew as a person. I met new people, connected with fellow Project365ers, encouraged others to pick up some more robust photography habits and just had fun. I am so proud that I accomplished this day by day habit.
I’ve listed a couple of the most significant moments of the year for me… in no particular order.
- I decided to do a Project365.
- I traveled to New York City for the first time.
- I traveled to London for the first time.
- I was promoted to Director.
- I got a new camera! Nikon D700! And of course, some new lenses…
- I got a treadmill! (I didn’t say that I used it…)
- I celebrated my niece and nephew’s birthdays with them.
- I visited Merrillville several times.
- I stayed in better touch with friends, reconnected with old friends and made some new ones along the way.
- I took some really great photos.
- I took some really bad photos.
- I learned how to process photos in a variety of ways… Photoshop, Picnik, CameraBag, a variety of iPhone apps…
- I learned how to frame and dry wall, finally finishing our downstairs “bar” room.
- I got a dog. 🙂
- I found out my father had cancer. And I was dealt the most significant blow in my life when he died 4 months later.
- I finished my Project365.
- I grew.