Times Square and City at Night (from Empire State Building)
We wrote postcards in Central Park… Took a 2 hr boat cruise around the harbor… Searched high and low for a good NY Deli… Went up the Empire State Building for more night time shots… Found a Ray’s Pizza (thanks Nathan and Jess!)… Sleep.
Photo taken with: Nikon D700, Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5 or Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5
So tired… Went to bed last night around 2 am. I’m here again at 1:49 am typing my day! And we got up around 7 am this morning to see Lady Liberty. Now, I will say that there was a great 2 hour nap today. 🙂
Again… In order of events. Not many because Liberty / Ellis Island take a long time. Tomorrow: Empire State Building, Central Park, Harbor Tour.
Ellis Island - Recording Room
NYC Skyline at Night - Empire State Building in Red, White and Blue!
Photos taken with: Nikon D700, Nikon 28-300mm VR f/2.5 or Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5
– Caught the subway and a bus to New Jersey for work… Saved the company $80. 🙂
– Did “guest insight” work in a new Target test. So. Much. Fun. Yes, I’m a nerd.
– Dinner at Corner Bistro… it was a corner, small… cash only with an extremely narrow menu (hamburger or cheeseburger?)… but great.
– Subway … hey, why don’t I stop at the WTC? It was one stop away from the hotel. I’m glad that I did. They are doing construction around the clock. You can’t really see much with the fence up and covered. But you can hear it, see the cranes and a TON of workers. Then I stumbled on this memorial. It was beautiful.
– Hours of email and fun. 🙂 Off to read and then bed. Tomorrow… COMP SHOP!
Photos taken with: Nikon D700, Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5
Ok, I promise to have some better pictures this week. But, can you believe that I really didn’t even have time to pull out my camera today!?
First, my 7 am flight was cancelled and they tried to rebook me on a 7 pm. Yeah, that didn’t work. I atleast got out at 1 pm, in at 5pm. However, I sat in the middle seat so I didn’t get to take ANY pictures of the beautiful skyline on the way in. Taxied over to the hotel, dropped off my bags and ran up to Times Square to meet some new friends for dinner. Had a great dinner at this little Cuban restaurant. They took me over to the new Harlem Target (they are Target friends, of course). WOW, that store is crazy.
While I was in Times Square, I got to snap this shot quickly… 🙂 More to come!
I might be in love with my new wide angle lens. Anywhoo… We went to the Arboretum today and enjoy some great views, great flowers and a blazing heat. I love this shot because you can see the sun rays and the spot reflecting in the bottom. And I’ve always been fond of Weeping Willows.